Grass is greener on the other side!

2 comments
The mother nature has blessed so much on this piece of land that the grass is looking so beautiful, so fresh and green, and the chlorophyll is screaming and turning heads making its true presence felt! My eyes just can't stop admiring it and wants to capture more and more of its glory and sink in all the essence of its beauty soothing my innate desire of longing for the same splendid possession. But when my mind awakens I realize the grass is on the other side of the fence! And what about the grass I am standing on, its not all that I crave for? I want my grass to look as green as the grass on the other side!

Its the human nature to lust for more than what he deserves and no God can ever satisfy a human being as he gets more greedy after each and every step of possession and achievement. The more he gets, the more he wants! Not only that he wants more but also he wants something that the other person has, no matter how useful is the thing its always like when he has it then why not me?  


How many of us has an YES answer to at least 5 of these questions? (its for you to test and not to show to the world, try to be honest)

  • Go to a restaurant and order for a heaven costing you a million which you can afford and yet peep on others plate at a table next to you and swallow your watery mouth? 
  • How many of 'oh so honest' husbands secretly wished the next door beauty would have been your wife?
  • And the beauties out there wished if you would look like that one and only Hollywood heroine? 
  • When you have all that money to dump into the garbage(!) how many of you tried your hand and went under knife to show up your new look to the world? Or atleast wised you could get renovated like a building in the name of remake!
  • How many of you wished if your child was much more intelligent than what he is, and you could ask him to conquer and rule the world?
  • How many of you thought if you could time travel and change incidents in past so that you would not face this in present?
  • And if you have a baby girl, you so much wised if you had a boy, and if you had a boy then you always wanted a girl?  
  • I always wanted to be a girl, why am I a boy(?) I can always change my sex?
  • As a kid, always wanted the toy in the hands of our siblings and friends though the toy in our hand was the best in the world?
  • Sitting in the Mercedes Benz and still admiring that Wow what a bike outside the window?
  • And...............
I have to stop at some point or else the list will grow like a viral infection and start eating my blog! I have to force myself and give a full-stop otherwise the commas will never end on the list of desires man kind have! 

In the urge of getting more out of life, we always forget to enjoy what life has already given us. Being wishful and aiming for heights is essential for sustenance and uplifting of life but when comparison rules the desire to grow, the life in the true sense starts descending! When the grass looks greener on the other side its just an illusion and you never know the grass you are standing on might be looking greener from the other side!
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for leaving comments in my blog!
    Ha ha..LOL @ the points mentioned. Ofcourse, Every soul is unsatisfied, and they look at the other side and say "Oh..i should've have had something like that".
    The picture is so apt too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Vaish.... yup, you are right, I laugh out my stomach at those points every time I read the post again and keep wondering would I ever stop and look beyond some of those points mentioned...you see even I fall under human category!

    ReplyDelete

None of the images displayed here on this blog/post are the creations of mine and I do not claim the rights unless otherwise specified. These are the images randomly picked from various sites which may or may not claim the original rights. I respect the masters of these images and their creativity. I would like to thank them for such beautiful contributions.


Have something to say? Please, I would love to hear from you. I always reply to your nice words and do it usually within 24 hours. Thank you and see you soon again.

Comments with unwanted links will be deleted.