The wondrous Niagara

5 comments
Travel is a great topic of discussion. Who would not love to take a break from daily chaos and routine life? More over sharing the travel experiences will help others plan for the trip. So that is it, I am here to share my life's most amazing trip with you. 

It is the.....
  • Beauty of the nature
  • Gift to the man kind
  • Feast to the eyes
  • Wonder to the brain
  • Love to the heart
  • Boon to the soul
 
This and more was what I felt when I first saw my dream destination 'the majestic NIAGARA'.  Beautiful she stood there all dressed in white with that misty water, embroidered with sparkling diamonds of tiny water droplets, decorated with the glamorous white lace of the mist, with a green and brown beads of the rocks below it, wearing a colorful elegant neck piece of the rainbow, holding a blue umbrella of the sky worked with white flowers of clouds and the tiny blue butterflies of ferries with people in blue raincoats were kissing her gown.

The scene was dream-fully wonderful. I always wanted to see the world's widest falls i.e. the Niagara falls. And when the opportunity knocked my door and I am in USA how could I really miss this opportunity. All the purposes on this earth are insufficient to explain why one should actually visit this falls. But for me the purpose was the basic one, to BEHOLD THE BEAUTY OF NATURE. I feel blissfully proud to be one among those on earth who got this chance to see the falls. 

I have seen a lot many places in India and USA including my next dream destination Disneyland but what I felt was nature always slaps man with its  creations. 


It was in September 2010 and it was just the beginning of fall. With a jacket required to protect us from cold most of the times me, my husband and my  then just a year old son left for our journey early in the morning. The fall colors outside the window was just to die for. Enjoying the views from the sealed windows of our bus listening to our tour guide and some times to my crying son we finally reached our destination.

  
Just a couple of miles away from the falls and we were still in the bus the river Niagara showed up. The river was flowing harmoniously to join the buzz of the falls. As I looked up I got the heavenly glimpse of the mist rising up above the sky scrapers as if its daring to meet the clouds. 


Our guide handed over our tickets and asked us to be back on time to the bus. We stood above the bridge waiting for our turn near the lift. My eyes were trying to zoom the lens inside to capture the moment on the roll of my memory and my hands were doing the same with the camera. The roaring sound of the falls sang a melodies song in my ears and my heart was dancing to it's tune. 


Now was our turn to get down and meet the gorgeous lady Niagara. We dressed into the blue raincoats all ready to get into the 'maid of the mist' who is the ferry and the one who will take us to Niagara. The ferry set right and my son started to cry. Oh, I was now shared between my dream lady and my life my son. I was trying to enjoy my ride in the ferry and my husband trying to console my son. As we approached the Niagara she kissed me with mist and opened her arms to hug me... I was overwhelmed to see water all over. I was in her arms, I can feel her when I touch the mist, on my right I see water, on my left I see water, on the top I see water and down I see water. THIS IS THE HEAVEN. I can not enjoy this all alone and therefore I stopped looking at Niagara who was calling me hard. I took my crying son and said bye to her. It was now my hubby's turn to enjoy the moment.


And after this I have absolutely nothing to tell. I carried the feeling all through my trip and enjoyed the night view when the lady was dressed in her colorful night gown. As she was ready to go to bed I thought it was time for me to stop and get away from her without disturbing her.  


February 14th is fast nearing and Valentine's Day is round the corner, I want to tell Niagara... 
Why am I not a guy for the simple reason that I would ask you will you be my Valentine!     

5 comments:

  1. That is so sweet of you to wish Niagara a valentine wish.I could relate to the post for almost 99% because I felt the same too. I felt good and rejuvenated here better than in Disneyland.

    Nice post pinky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can almost hear the gushing rapids of the Niagara!!!
    What wondrous snaps, and the rainbow one... its a beauty!
    Well Done, Best of Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @இனிய மலர் Thank you. That's true, no spa could have ever given me the rejuvenation that I was offered by this falls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Arti Thank you... that was no less than a feast to the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Pinky.....i loved the last line...so cute :)
    and yes, Niagara is worth the words you have written here...very beautifully told described! Lovely pictures!

    Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete

None of the images displayed here on this blog/post are the creations of mine and I do not claim the rights unless otherwise specified. These are the images randomly picked from various sites which may or may not claim the original rights. I respect the masters of these images and their creativity. I would like to thank them for such beautiful contributions.


Have something to say? Please, I would love to hear from you. I always reply to your nice words and do it usually within 24 hours. Thank you and see you soon again.

Comments with unwanted links will be deleted.