“All who call on God in true faith, earnestly from the heart, will certainly be heard, and will receive what they have asked and desired.”
Martin Luther
It was Thursday and I was at Lord Sai Baba's temple at my native place. It was not my first visit to the temple but that day was a little different. As soon as I got the glimpse of Baba I felt a deep longing to visit Shirdi, the divine abode of Baba.
The prior commitments of my family did not permit them to accompany me. Due to the pulsing call from the unknown source I could not hold myself back. I immediately left to Shirdi. Yes, unusual though I was all alone this time.
I finally reached Shirdi and the feeling was like never before. My appetite for the darshan stopped growing when I got the glimpse of the majestic idol of Sai Baba. As I was coming out of the temple I felt like my soul was recharged and it was a new me.
The crowd of devotes pushed me out of the temple involuntarily. I thanked for everything and opened by handbag to offer some money as a donation to the temple. I got the shock of my life, my purse was missing.
I was drowned in the pool of sweat. My nerves denied to carry commands. Still I stood in a corner. A lonely woman standing helplessly in the crowd is not at all a good sign. I being in such a situation did not know whom to trust for help and what to expect next.
Suddenly, I saw a middle aged man walking towards me and I went cold. But as he came closer to me, I felt some connections happening in my mind. He was the man whom my family was long awaiting. Just a glance at him and I could recollect everything. It was almost 10 months that we were in search of this man. He owes some money to my father.
I was left with no option but to trust him. As we walked away from the crowd, I explained him the situation. He offered me money to help me out. I could not say no. He then gave me a sealed envelope and asked me to give it to my father. Before I could realize the situation, the man had disappeared in the crowd.
Regretting for not finding the man again I headed back home. I told the whole story to my family. Everybody at home was thankful to Baba for saving me from all the odds that could have happened. They were also grateful to the man and thought it was Baba in disguise! I handed over the envelope to my father. Everybody was surprised to see money in it. It had the amount the man owed to my father. Finally the man paid his debts. My family was happy to get back the hard earned money.
The very next Thursday I had been to Sai Baba's temple as usual. I met a lady who was one of our family friends after a year or so. We just had a normal conversation. I then started telling her how I felt last week when I visited the temple and my visit to Shirdi. After telling the incident that happened to me at the temple she was shocked. I did not understand what was it. She told me that the man had expired 8 months back. Not just my lips but also my mind was sealed!
Regretting for not finding the man again I headed back home. I told the whole story to my family. Everybody at home was thankful to Baba for saving me from all the odds that could have happened. They were also grateful to the man and thought it was Baba in disguise! I handed over the envelope to my father. Everybody was surprised to see money in it. It had the amount the man owed to my father. Finally the man paid his debts. My family was happy to get back the hard earned money.
The very next Thursday I had been to Sai Baba's temple as usual. I met a lady who was one of our family friends after a year or so. We just had a normal conversation. I then started telling her how I felt last week when I visited the temple and my visit to Shirdi. After telling the incident that happened to me at the temple she was shocked. I did not understand what was it. She told me that the man had expired 8 months back. Not just my lips but also my mind was sealed!
What my family thought the man to be Baba in disguise was a truth?









these happenings are part and parcel of Baba's bande. Can identify with it completely.
ReplyDeleteNice. God bless.
ReplyDelete